It’s been unseasonably warm in my neck of the woods. Like 70 F, instead of 30 F. Weird, unnatural, and not the thing to get me in the mood for Christmas. So I decided to create my own winter wonderland to feel warm and cozy with. And you can too!
- empty glass jar
- paint brush
- acrylic paint
- Make sure your jar is squeaky clean. I wiped mine down with Windex.
- Paint a winter scene on the outside of the jar.
- Stick a candle in it, turn off the lights, and pretend the snow is falling outside! Or that you wandered up to a winter campfire! Or that you’re going deep into the woods to find the perfect tree.
Tips and suggestions:
- Make a few out of different sized jars to create a nice grouping.
- Pay attention to the direction and look of your brushstrokes and use them to your advantage. I kept mine going down and out from the center to make the pine tree jar.
- Paint a soft band around the lower edge of the jar to hide the candle and diffuse its warm glow.
- If you have a deep jar and a little candle, use a pair of tongs to help position the candle.
So go forth and paint yourself a wonderland!